IPTV is a digital streaming service that streams television over the internet. With technology improving daily, IPTV is getting popular among the cord-cutters. Instead of using cable TV, you can use the IPTV service to access your favorite media whenever possible. You need a player on your device to watch content from your provider. The Content Store on LG Smart TV has plenty of IPTV players through which you can easily access IPTV. With IPTV, you can stream all kinds of popular channels and on-demand content on your LG Smart TV over the internet.
How to Install IPTV on LG Smart TV
Smart IPTV is a media player that helps you stream the channels associated with your IPTV subscription package. The application itself doesn’t stream any media or live TV channels. Hence, you must purchase the IPTV subscription from your desired service provider.
1. Turn On your LG Smart TV and connect the TV to a stable internet connection.
2. Navigate to the Apps section.
3. Search for Smart IPTV and select the app from the search suggestion. You can also use the search icon to find the Smart IPTV.
4. Tap the Install button to start the installation process.
5. Once it is installed, open the Smart IPTV app.
6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation step.
7. Fill in the login credentials given by your service provider and stream your favorite IPTV channels on LG TV.
How to Activate IPTV on LG Smart TV
If you’ve not activated Smart IPTV, follow the below steps to activate it. Before jumping into the steps, buy and get the M3U URL for an IPTV service of your choice.
1. Open the Smart IPTV on LG Smart IPTV.
2. The activation website link and Mac address are on the app’s interface. Note down the Mac address and open a browser on the LG Smart TV.
3. Visit the Smart IPTV activation website.
4. Enter the MAC address and IPTV playlist URL on the boxes. After entering those details, mark the box next to the option Save online.
5. Tap Send and wait until you receive the confirmation on the screen.
6. Now, close and reopen the app on your LG Smart TV and get access to all the channels associated with your subscription.
Best IPTV Players for LG Smart TV
There are several IPTV Players that are compatible with LG Smart TVs. So, we have listed some of the best IPTV Players with high ratings and advanced features.
GSE Smart IPTV
GSE Smart IPTV is a reliable IPTV service where you stream your favorite content from the IPTV Providers. It can handle the M3U link and Xtream Codes API to stream the IPTV content on LG Smart TV. GSE Smart IPTV has built-in Parental and EPG support to track the channel programs. Additionally, it allows the user to access local and remote playlists.
IPTV Smarters Pro
IPTV Smarter is a popular IPTV service where you can watch live TV and other VOD content with IPTV Providers. It uses an M3U playlist and Xtream Codes to stream the IPTV content. Also, it is compatible with most devices that include LG Smart TVs. Besides, it has powerful players with an impressive and user-friendly interface. It is one of the best IPTV Players for Mac.
OttPlayer is a free IPTV player that can access various IPTV Playlists on your LG Smart TV. It is supported in various IPTV protocols such as RTMP, HLS, RTSP, etc. Also, OttPlayer allows the user to create & manage the IPTV Playlists and supports M3U & M3U8 file formats for streaming. Further, it does not contain annoying ads while streaming your favorite content.
Flix IPTV is an IPTV Player where you can stream the IPTV content by adding the M3U link from the IPTV provider. It is a premium IPTV Player with a one-time charge of €8.99. Flix IPTV offers a Favorite Manager feature and supports Dynamic Language Switching to stream content in a different language. Additionally, it has Parental Control support to protect the kids from explicit content.
Net IPTV is a fascinating IPTV Player that lets you stream various Live TV channels and VOD content on LG Smart TV. It provides a better search feature for easy navigation of required content. You can also stream the IPTV channels without buffering using the stable server. Net IPTV has a simple interface and can lock and unlock the playlist groups.
How to Fix IPTV Player Not Working on LG Smart TV
If any IPTV Players are not working on the LG TV and showing a loading screen or black screen, you can try some troubleshooting methods to resolve the problem.
- Ensure that you have entered the correct M3U link or Xtream Code.
- Restart the LG Smart TV to fix the temporary bugs or minor software glitches.
- Uninstall and reinstall the IPTV Player application to solve the app-related problems.
- Or, you can try another IPTV Player and check whether it works.
- Clear the cache of the application to remove the corrupted temporary files.
- Update the LG Smart TV to the latest version and the IPTV Player app.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, plenty of IPTV Players are available on the Content Store on LG Smart TV. You can install them on your TV and start streaming IPTV.
There are two kinds of IPTV – Free and Paid. So, it totally depends on your decision. But paid services are better than free ones.
Using the LG Content Store, you can download the IPTV Smarters app on your LG Smart TV.