Google Chromecast made casting media from handhelds to the smart TV. Sling TV is one of the cord-cutters to stream high-quality video streams online. It features an in-built Cast feature, and with this, you can cast anything from more than 100 live channels. The Sling TV app offers a wide range of channels under three different packages and at different prices. So you can choose anything between Sling Orange, Sling Blue, or Sling Orange+Blue to stream your favorite content. In addition to this, you can choose the Extras in multiple genres like sports, kids, comedy, lifestyle, etc, for endless streaming. It is currently available only in the US region, and you can use Sling TV to cast anything from live sports to 65000 hours of on-demand movies and TV shows. Let us discuss how to use Sling TV on Chromecast in this post.
Two Ways to Chromecast Sling TV
If you have the Sling TV app on your Android or iOS device, then you can cast its videos to the Chromecast-connected TV. In addition, you can also cast the contents of Sling TV using the Chrome browser on your PC.
- Plug in the Chromecast to the HDMI port of your TV.
- Connect Chromecast and the casting device to the same Wi-Fi network.
Related: How to use Chromecast without WiFi?
How to cast Sling TV to Chromecast (Smartphone)
Lately, the Sling TV app has come up with built-in cast feature support. Other than the procedure to download Sling TV on Android or iOS, the steps involved in casting content to Chromecast TV are the same. So the section below gives the consolidated steps to cast Sling TV on Chromecast.
1. Firstly, Launch the Google Play Store or App Store app on your Android and iOS devices, respectively.
2. Search for Sling TV and install it from the respective app store.
3. Open the Sling TV app after installation.
4. You shall create a new account if you are new or simply login in if you have an account already.
5. Once you’re in, click the Cast icon available at the top top-right corner of the Sling TV app.
6. Now, your Android or iOS device will start searching for the nearby device connected to the same WiFi. Just identify and click on your Chromecast name to connect with it.
7. Lastly, you will see your smartphone screen on your Chromecast-connected TV.
8. Now, choose any video on Sling TV to play on your Android or iPhone/iPad. The same content will be displayed on your TV.
Note: Most importantly, you should download a secured VPN app on your smartphone to access Sling TV from anywhere. Currently, Sling TV is available only in the U.S, so it cannot be accessed outside the U.S without a VPN connection.
Related: How to use Popcorn Time on Chromecast?
How to cast Sling TV to Chromecast (PC)
1. On your PC, open the browser and visit the official Sling TV website.
2. Sign in using your account credentials.
3. On the interface, you’ll see plenty of video content. Tap and play your favorite video.
4. Now, click the three-dots icon displayed at the top-right corner of the browser.
5. Scroll down and select the option Cast.
6. Tap the name of your Chromecast and click the Cast tab option exhibited under the Sources.
7. That’s it. You’ll be able to see the video content on your TV. Enjoy watching Sling TV content on PC as well as TV.
Casting Sling TV to Chromecast TV is that simple if you have Android or iOS devices. So you can easily stream your favorite live sports, movies, news, and anything on the bigger screen by casting it. As Sling TV offers different subscription packages, it is important for anyone to choose the right pack for uninterrupted streaming. If you want to share your queries or feedback, kindly leave a comment below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can cast Sling TV to your desired Smart TV using Chromecast. To know more, follow the steps in this blog.
If you find any difficulties in streaming Sling TV on Chromecast. Refer to the below troubleshooting steps to tackle the problem.
Check Wi-Fi connection
Close and open the app.
Uninstall and Reinstall the app.
Check the Chromecast connectivity with your TV.
Yes. But, you’ll face connectivity issues frequently. To stream without any issues, use Chromecast 2nd generation or later versions.