Kodi is a popular media center application used by millions of people all around the world. It is compatible with various devices such as Firestick, Roku, Android, and more. Kodi lets you access different kinds of media including movies, TV shows, documentaries, sports, cartoons, anime, and much more. To stream these kinds of media, you must install addons on your Kodi app. Some of the addons are officially supported and you can download them within the app. Whereas, to get some addons you need to access third-party sources. To download those third-party addons, you need to enable a feature called Unknown Sources. Without enabling unknown Sources on Kodi, you can’t install the addon from third-party sources. In this article, let’s look at the steps to enable Unknown Sources on Kodi.
Note: Kodi users must remember the fact that their IP and online activities are visible to the ISPs and Government while using Kodi. To avoid this, you must use a trusted VPN service to mask your internet activities.
How to Turn On Unknown Sources on Kodi
You can easily enable Unknown Sources on Kodi Settings. The process is simple and easy to do. Follow the below steps to turn On Unknown Sources.
1. Launch the Kodi app on your device.
2. Click the Settings icon located at the top left corner of the screen.
3. On the settings page, click the System option located at the bottom right corner.
4. Navigate to the Add-ons menu.
5. Now, enable unknown sources by clicking the toggle switch next to it.
6. A warning message stating “Add-ons will be given access to personal data stored on this device” will appear on the screen. Click Yes to enable the unknown sources feature.
7. That’s it. Now, you can install third-party addons on Kodi without any hassle.
After following these steps, you can download addons, repositories, and builds from any third-party sources. If you want to disable the Unknown Sources option, repeat the steps and turn it off. By disabling this option, all the third-party Kodi Addons installed in your app will stop working and you will not be able to install any third-party add-ons.
Frequently Asked Questions
Enabling Unknown Sources on Kodi allows you to install addons from third-party sources. To know more, refer to the blog.
Yes. If you’re using third-party add-ons, it is highly recommended to install and configure a VPN on Kodi. Try premium VPN services like NordVPN or ExpressVPN.