Managing your photos, videos, music, and anything more on the Android platform is made simple with the Emby app. It lets you access all your personal media from one place. You will get a free Emby server by downloading Emby for Android devices. The server will automatically convert all your media files within seconds. You can, therefore, play them on any device without facing issues. Further, the Emby app will organize all your media contents into an elegant display. So you will find the artwork, metadata, related contents, etc. You can easily share the media files with others via the Emby Android app. In addition to Android devices, it can also be installed on Apple TV, iPhone, Apple Watch, and more.
Emby app supports parental controls and you can control access for others. You can stream live TV and manage the DVR in Emby app with the supported TV tuner. Emby is equipped with cast support. With this, you can stream your favorite content on a big screen with one click. Make a one-time in-app purchase or get an active Emby Premiere subscription for better playback using the Emby app.
How to Download & Install Emby for Android
Emby app is officially available for Android devices including Android TV, tablets, and smartphone. Follow the below steps to install Emby app on Android devices.
1. Turn On your Android device and navigate to the Apps section.
2. Locate and select the Google Play Store app from the list of apps.
3. Tap on the search bar at the top and type Emby using the on-screen keyboard.
4. Proceed further by selecting the Emby app from the list of suggestions shown.
5. Hit the Install button on the app info page to download the app on Android devices.
6. After installation, click the Open button to launch the Emby app on your Android device.
7. Emby app will prompt you with a list of permissions. Click on the Accept menu and use the app.
How to Cast Emby on Android Smart TV
Before following the steps given below, make sure to connect the Android phone and Android TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
1. Install the Emby app from the Play Store on your android phone.
2. Open the app after installation.
3. Enter the necessary login credentials and click Login.
4. Once you’re in, click the Cast icon displayed at the top.
5. Locate and click your Android TV from the list of available devices.
6. Within seconds, you will be able to see the app screen on Android TV.
7. Choose any content to play and enjoy streaming it on your Android TV.
Upon following the guidelines, you shall easily install Emby for Android devices. Emby app will manage almost any type of media file efficiently. It has more advanced features and can be used as a better alternative to Kodi or Plex media players.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can directly install the Emby app from the Play Store on an Android device.
Yes. Emby app has in-built cast support. So, you can easily cast the Emby app on Smart TV.