Amazon Fire Tablets are perfect for the people who live in the Amazon ecosystem. It is powered by Fire OS (Android-based OS), and they are affordable for basic usage and media consumption. With the inbuilt Amazon store, users can install some of the popular applications like Netflix, Facebook, Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer, and more. But some applications like Kodi, Showbox, and Popcorn Time are officially restricted in the Amazon App store. Since they’re powered by Android-based OS, users can install those unsupported applications by modifying a few settings in Fire Tablet settings. In this article, we will show you the step-by-step instructions to download Kodi on Amazon Fire Tablet.
Kodi is a popular media center used to watch various media like movies, TV shows, audio, documentaries, anime, cartoons, and more. Due to its open-source nature, you can stream content on any device. With the help of addons, users can access various media from different sources. By installing Kodi on your Fire Tablet, you will have the convenience of watching your favorite media anytime.
Note: Before using Kodi, users must remember the fact that their IP and online activities are visible to the ISPs and Government while using Kodi. To avoid this, you must use a trusted VPN service to mask your internet activities. from ISPs, hackers, Government, and many more.
How to Install Kodi on Amazon Fire Tablet
Just like Firestick, you can’t download the Kodi app directly from the Amazon store. To download Kodi on your Fire OS tablet, you need to use the sideloading method.
To sideload Android apps (restricted in the Amazon store), you need to enable Apps from unknown sources in the tablet settings. The setting lets you download/sideload the android apps that are restricted in the inbuilt Amazon store.
1. Launch the tablet and go to Settings.
2. On the settings page, select Security (Android 4.0+) or Applications (Android 3.0 and earlier).
3. Scroll down and locate the option Apps from Unknown sources displayed under the heading Advanced.
4. Enable it by clicking the toggle switch.
5. Return to the home screen and launch the silk browser.
6. Visit https://kodi.tv/download.
7. Scroll down and select Android.
8. Select either ARMVA (32BIT) or ARMVA (64BIT).
9. The installer file for Kodi starts to download on your tablet.
10. Once it is downloaded, run the installer file.
Related: How to Watch YouTube on Amazon Fire Tablet
Alternative Way: How to Install Kodi on Amazon Fire Tablet using Google Play Store
The foremost thing you need to do is to install the Google Play Store app on your Amazon Fire Tablet. Then, enable Unknown Sources by following the above steps. After finishing it, follow the steps listed below.
1. On your Amazon Fire Tablet, launch the Google Play Store app.
2. Click the Search bar and type Kodi using the virtual keyboard.
3. Select the Kodi Media Player app from the search results and tap Install.
4. Wait for the app to install on your device.
5. Once installed, open Kodi and use the app to stream movies, music, videos, documentaries, and more.
Follow the above methods to get Kodi on Fire Tablet. Even though Kodi is officially not available on the Amazon store, you can install it with the help of this guide. If you find any difficulties using the first method, you can download Kodi by installing the Google Play Store on Fire Tablet.
Related: How to Install Netflix on Amazon Fire Tablet
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can install Kodi on Amazon Fire Tablet using the Google Play Store or by installing the Kodi file. To know more, refer to the blog.
Yes. Kodi is a safe platform to stream movies and TV shows. However, while using the addons from third-party sources, make sure to use a VPN with it.