PlayOn is one of the powerful apps to record and download streaming videos. With this app, you will get a TV experience like never before. It is a portal to record videos of popular streaming services. In other words, the PlayOn app is a dashboard that aggregates more than 20 services including Netflix, Amazon, YouTube, FOX, HBO GO, Hulu, ABC, etc in one place. Additionally, you can use PlayOn as a media server to stream all your photos, videos, and music. Let us discuss how to watch PlayOn on Apple TV in this post.
With one click, you can easily record the entire season or simply subscribe to a series to record its episodes automatically. Get the premium version to unlock more features and to stream ad-free content. PlayOn app recordings can be accessed on various devices such as Android, iOS, PC, Mac, Roku, Chromecast, Fire TV, Xbox, etc. However, if you claim that PlayOn on Apple TV isn’t available, then the section below is just for you.
How to Stream PlayOn on Apple TV
At present, This app isn’t officially available for Apple TV. However, you can watch PlayOn on Apple TV by following the steps given below.
- Run PlayOn Media Server on desktop PC.
- Connect Apple TV and iPhone/iPad to same WiFi connection.
Related: How to Watch IPTV on Apple TV
Steps to Watch PlayOn on Apple TV
Those with Apple TV 2nd/3rd/4th generation and Apple TV 4K users can watch PlayOn on Apple TV by following the steps given below.
1. Open the App Store on your iPhone/iPad.
2. Search for the PlayOn app and click the Get button to install the app on your iOS device.
3. After installation, navigate to the Control Center panel and tap the option Screen Mirroring.
4. Your iPhone/iPad will start searching for nearby devices.
5. Select Apple TV from the list of devices and wait for your iOS device and Apple TV to connect
6. You will see your iOS screen mirrored to Apple TV. Now, open the PlayOn app on your iOS device.
7. Click on any video content and stream it on both iPhone and Apple TV.
Related: How to install Plex on Apple TV
Although this app isn’t available for the Apple TV, you can still stream its contents by screen mirroring technique. It is a media server and you can use it to seamlessly manage all your digital media contents Use the comments section to leave us your queries and feedback about this article.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can use the AirPlay on your iOS device to stream PlayOn content on Apple TV. To know more about the steps, refer to the blog.
No. PlayOn is a premium service. However, the new users can get 7 free recordings.