IPTV apps are a part of online streaming and it is known for delivering videos over internet protocol. There are lots of IPTV apps available for different platforms and anyone can watch it from the internet service provider. With the IPTV app, you can stream live channels, on-demand contents including VOD, and catch-up TV. By casting IPTV, you can watch your favorite videos on the smart TV. Casting IPTV to smart TV wouldn’t be complete without Chromecast dongle. Most IPTV delivers videos at free of cost.
There are two different ways to cast IPTV to Chromecast TV. The first method involves casting IPTV from Android, while the second method deals with mirroring IPTV from a desktop PC. At the end of this article, you will know about the complete procedures to cast IPTV to Chromecast-connected TV.
- Connect your Chromecast and smartphone/PC to the same WiFi network.
- Plugin your Chromecast dongle into the HDMI port of your Smart TV.
- Make sure to have an M3U playlists link or login credentials of your IPTV service provider.
How to Watch IPTV on Chromecast using a Smartphone
Using a Smartphone, you can easily cast the IPTV content to your TV. There are some IPTV apps that have built-in cast support, while some IPTVs lack cast support. However, you can cast from both types of IPTV apps if you follow the guidelines given below.
Steps to Cast IPTV to Chromecast
Follow the below steps, if your IPTV has a built-in cast feature. For instance, we have selected the GSE SMART IPTV.
1. Open the Google Play Store or App Store on your Android or iOS device.
2. Search and install GSE SMART IPTV on your Android phone or iPhone/iPad. For instance, you can even download any IPTV apps like IPTVSmarters, SmartIPTV, etc.
3. Open the GSE SMART IPTV on your smartphone and launch it.
4. Tap the hamburger icon and select the option Remote Playlists.
5. Click the option Remote M3U Sample and add the M3U link of your service provider.
6. Select your desired TV channel.
7. Then, Click on the Cast icon displayed at the top.
8. Now, you will see a list of available devices connected to the same WiFi. Identify and click your Chromecast device name.
Note: You can also cast a particular TV channel by selecting it and clicking the Cast option.
9. Finally, you can see the app’s interface on Chromecast-connected TV. Play any TV channel and enjoy streaming it on a larger screen.
Related: How to use Chromecast without WiFi
Steps to Cast IPTV to Chromecast using Google Home
You can also Chromecast IPTV contents using the Home Google app. This method works for IPTV apps that don’t have a built-in cast feature. Before going into the steps, make sure to install an IPTV app on your smartphone.
1. Download and install the Google Home app on your Android or iOS phone from Google Play Store and App Store respectively.
2. After the download, open it and launch it on your smartphone.
3. Tap on the Menu icon or the three vertical dots on the Google Home app and select the Cast Screen/Audio option.
4. On the next screen, you should click Cast Screen/Audio again.
5. Select your Chromecast from the list of devices.
6. Now, your mobile screen will be mirrored to the Chromecast-connected TV.
7. After that, open the IPTV app on your smartphone that you have already downloaded.
8. Play any video content of the IPTV app and enjoy streaming it on your smartphone as well as Chromecast-connected TV.
Related: How to use Popcorn Time on Chromecast
How to Watch IPTV on Chromecast using Desktop
If you want to cast IPTV from the desktop, then it is possible with the latest Chrome browser. Follow the steps given below to do it.
1. On your desktop, open the Chrome web browser initially.
Note: Make sure you have the latest version of Google Chrome installed on your PC.
2. Open the website of any IPTV service and sign in to it.
3. Tap the three dots icon exhibited at the top-right corner of the chrome browser and choose the Cast option in the menu.
4. Click your Chromecast device and tap on the Sources option to select the Cast tab option.
5. As soon as the PC gets connected to your TV, the entire tab of your desktop will be shown on the television.
6. Lastly, play any IPTV video on the desktop and the same will be mirrored to the Chromecast-connected smart TV.
Related: How to use Sling TV on Chromecast
By following the above steps, you can experience any IPTV content on a big screen. At no additional cost, anyone can cast IPTV contents from a PC or smartphone to Chromecast-connected smart TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can cast IPTV to Chromecast-connected TV using a smartphone or PC. To know more about the steps, refer to the blog.
Yes. You can cast IPTV from a PC using Google Chrome Browser.