Amazon Prime is a well-known streaming service that allows you to watch prime originals, movies, TV shows, and web series. This service has a vast library of video content from around the world. You can watch thousands of prime video titles on your device. The service is also available on the Kodi app via a dedicated add-on. By installing Amazon Prime on Kodi, you will gain access to nearly 100+ premium channels, as well as thousands of movies and TV episodes. However, the service is only available to Amazon Prime members who are eligible. Let’s see how to install Amazon Prime Video on Kodi.
Why do you need a VPN for Amazon Prime?
Amazon Prime videos can be viewed with the help of an Amazon Prime Instant Video Addon. However, the media available in this addon is geo-restricted in some areas. You need to install a VPN on your Kodi device to get around these restrictions. Without a VPN service, your Kodi app connection will be vulnerable to hackers, ISPs, viruses, malware, and surveillance. As a result, it is vital to set up a high-quality VPN on your device. We recommend NordVPN because of its speed and ability to bypass Netflix restrictions without exposing your original IP address.
How to Install Amazon Prime Video on Kodi
Kodi users can watch Amazon Prime Video by installing the XLordKX repo’s dedicated Amazon Prime Video Addon.
1. Open a web browser and visit the below-mentioned link to download the zip file of the XLordKX repo.
2. Launch the Kodi app and enable the unknown source setting to install addons from the third-party repositories.
3. Click Add-ons on the Kodi home screen.
4. Select the Installer Package icon located at the top.
5. Select Install from Zip File.
6. Navigate and select the zip file that you have downloaded.
7. Once you selected the zip file, the XLordKX repo will start to install on your Kodi.
8. After installing the repo, tap Install from Repository.
9. Select the XLordKX repo that you have installed.
10. Select Video add-ons.
11. Click Amazon Prime Instant Video.
12. On the info page, click Install to download the Prime Video addon.
13. Kodi 18 Leia users need to download the additional dependencies. Click OK to download them.
14. Once you selected OK, the Amazon Prime Video addon will start to install on your Kodi.
15. After installation, launch the add-on and sign in to the add-on to stream your favorite movies and TV series.
These are the steps required to install the Amazon Prime addon on Kodi. Since it is a geo-restricted addon, you need a VPN to access its contents. Now, you can stream all kinds of Amazon originals, movies, and TV shows on your device. As an Amazon Prime Video alternative, you can install Netflix, Sling TV, and Plex as add-ons on Kodi.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can install Amazon Prime Video on Kodi using the XLordKX repository.
Check whether you’ve enabled the unknown sources or not.
Clear caches on Kodi.
Check internet connectivity.